I hav e a 97 corolla with a 0770 code. I was able to drive it for a month or so with the emgine light on. It was running just fine. Then all of a sudden it was slipling and when I made turns I could only get up to 7mph. U turns were no more then 5mph. But once I got past 35pmh it ran fine. But if I had to stop at a light..man I would take forever to finally get up to the speed limit.

Now its in the drive way. It wont go in D but it does go in R just fine. But if you put it in R and then D it does move foward a little but not enough to actually drive . I have put trans fluid..the correct kind. I have checked it over and ove an over. Afte I put it in then drive it I checked it again it was low or none at all would be on the dipstick. Right before the 0770 problem arised I had a tune up and erg valve solenoid replaced. so far ive only gotten "replace or rebuild" answer from shops. I expected that since thats $$$$$$$$$

I have no idea when the tras fluid was serviced or replaced or anything. My dad bought me this car from a transmissions tech and we just assumed everything was fine..he did good work on my dads car so why not buy a car he was driving and selling? That was a mistake fof sure. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you