09 5-speed manual gearbox fluid change?

Hello Everyone, First post!

I have a 2009 toyota corolla with the 1.8L 5-speed manual trans. I can not find a single video or break down of how to properly change the gearbox oil on the 5-speed. I purchased 2 quarts of MT-90 75w90 synthetic. My car is at 100k and i dont think its ever been changed. Where is the drain/fill? Is 2 quarts enough? (owners manual says 1.9 to fill).

I did mine not to long a ago. Very easy. Look on the drivers side just behind the wheel to find the plug to drain. I believe it is 18mm. The fill plug will be up and in front of the drain valve. I you look from above just below the shifter linkage you should be able to spot the fill valve easy. The plugs are the same colour as the transmission case so they don't stand out. To add to that the plugs have a shallow head on them so they can be missed easily. Hope this helps.

I found the fill bolt right where you said, Seems to be a 24mm socket for that one. Sound correct? Could you also confirm if 2 quarts is enough for a 5 speed? Once the car is up and drained I have no transportation to get more fluid :/ Appreciate the help.

Yeah, that is the plug. I knew it was a big one just not exact number. I Live in Canada so not sure the amount of fluid. However, if your manual says 2 quarts that that is what I would put in. I went with what My Manual says, which is litres, and I have had no issues.

Its very easy to do for the manual. No worries so no thread of video required. Just open the bolt, remove the oil and put the new oil as per the quantity in the manual. Dont forget to reinstall the drain bolt before filling :p

kello

I have a 1991 box type collora manual, i recently change the presure plate, since we change i have had this problem of the gears are ingaging but it can't move either forward or behind, kindly help how do i sort out that?