'15 Corolla S a/c blowing hot air in S. TX :(

It's been quite a while since I have posted.

I already attempted a recharge - Per the A/C Pro gauge, it may be best to take my vehicle to a mechanic. Compressor engages and everything. I just don't want to take it to a shop and have them try to gouge me. Its the dead of summer in San Antonio, TX and I just don't want to be taken advantage of.

I would like to see if there may be anything else I can attempt at home before shelling out hundreds to thousands of dollars to remedy this issue. I've been driving around without the a/c since late April. I don't mind having my windows down, but some days, it's sweltering hot and just unbearable.

A/C blows hot instantly. Air flow is not impeded. Temperature of air does not change unless the temperature outside does and this is regardless of having the a/c settings a certain way. My corolla has just under 49,000 miles on it (mid to high 48,000).

I know more than likely I may have to take the vehicle in, but I guess I am reaching out to see if anyone else has had experience with a similar issue and can tell me how they handled it or what the cause is.

Thanks!

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
When you recharged the A/C, did it at all help? If the recharge did make the A/C air cold but then it turned warm after a bit, there is probably a leak somewhere in the system. If the recharge did nothing at all, I'd assume it's your compressor that isn't working.

Y
When you recharged the A/C, did it at all help? If the recharge did make the A/C air cold but then it turned warm after a bit, there is probably a leak somewhere in the system. If the recharge did nothing at all, I'd assume it's your compressor that isn't working.
I was thinking it could be the compressor. Thank you for the input, man. I need to get it fixed. I was going to wait out the summer, but it's too much.