18' Corolla LE decelerate whistling Noise

Recently bought a Corolla LE 18 with 14k miles on it. I just realized a faint whistling noise this past week. It happens when decelerating and gets fainter as the speed decreases until stop. The pitch is pretty smooth as in it's not periodic. Pressing the accelerator gets rid of the noise. I tried coast in N, doesn't change anything. Anyone else has the same noise?

Thank you!

delrey

It is the CVT transmission. I think most, if not all, do it. I took my '17 in with the complaint (they couldn't duplicate the noise but I showed them when I drove it for them) and they told me it was normal. Most others with similar stories have had the same outcome. I hate it, especially now as I drive with my windows down for the most part. The CVT, in my opinion, is this car's biggest downfall. Even if it proves to be reliable long term.

It is the CVT transmission. I think most, if not all, do it. I took my '17 in with the complaint (they couldn't duplicate the noise but I showed them when I drove it for them) and they told me it was normal. Most others with similar stories have had the same outcome. I hate it, especially now as I drive with my windows down for the most part. The CVT, in my opinion, is this car's biggest downfall. Even if it proves to be reliable long term.
Oh yeah, it kinda sounded like a Prius I've been in. Thanks!

delrey

I've had that recall done on my '17 already (before I bought it) and I have the decelerating noise still. Plus if the OP's car was part of that campaign, his dealer (specifically if it was a Toyota dealer) should have already did the recall before making it to the lot.