1981 3TC Carb Issues

So my 81 wagon is getting about 14mpg. It has a stock carb on it (aisan 21100-28150). I rebuilt it not long ago with absolutely no changes, I'm thinking there's something wrong with the idle circuit. I noticed during the rebuild that someone had been into the 4-pin wiring harness connector at some point in the past. For the purpose of elimination of possible issues, I'm wondering if anyone can confirm the wire positions in the harness.

And before anyone chimes in with "put a weber on it", I probably will at some point, but dammit, I'm hell bent on discovering the problem and trying to fix it, out of principle and the quest for knowledge, so please humor me.

So I see a wire for an electric choke, I'm assuming that one would tie into the coolant temperature circuit somewhere. I'm also seeing an idle speed solenoid that would tie into the A/C clutch circuit (sometimes these also activate if the power steering pump has a load on it).

I'm having a hard time finding a wiring diagram online for it. Might have to look at a Chilton's to see where the wiring goes.

OK so the choke is red, I'm pretty sure that one's good to go. It's the other 3 I'm concerned about. I have a Chilton, it tells me nothing, the wiring diagram is not very good. I haven't been able to find any literature on that carb, or any other diagrams or pics that could help. I'm kinda hoping someone could go pop a hood and make a visual check for me. At least the harness is right on top!

So here's some updated info: I went out to the car to see exactly what I have going on, and here it is:

If you disconnect the green wiring connector coming from the carb, and hold it so you're looking into the socket with the clip facing down, my wiring is:

Top left (horizontal) terminal: red wire to choke.
Top right (horizontal) terminal: blackwire to two-wire solenoid @ rear of carburetor (by choke)
Bottom left (vertical) terminal: black wire to single-wire solenoid at LH (valve cover) side of carburetor
Bottom right (vertical) terminal: white wire to two-wire solenoid @ rear of carb.

I did a little digging, and now I'm really worried, because I've seen two different sources now that show my solenoids having swapped positions. Now this is not my first carb rebuild, and I put this bad boy back together EXACTLY the way it came apart, so God only knows what's been done to this poor thing in the past.

For completion's sake, here's the wire positions on the car side of the green wiring connector, looking into socket and held the same way:

Top left: black wire w/yellow stripe
Top right: yellow wire
Bottom left: black wire w/yellow stripe
Bottom right: black wire w/red stripe

Does anyone have a stock setup they can look at & let me know?

I don't have a stock set-up, and I am not sure of anyone in this forum that actively has an '81. I've been trying to find pictures on Google but they are pretty much worthless. Wish I could do more to help out.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried swapping the solenoid wires to see what happens?