1988 Corolla Wagon - Headlights stay on when car is off?

Alight I tried doing a search for this specific problem but not necessarily understanding what all the problems could be.

1988 Toyota Corolla Wagon.

I'm not the most experienced auto mechanic but the side headlights that have the blinkers with them won't turn off. Both bulbs in the headlight/blinker on both the right and left side, even with the car off and keys pulled out. The front headlights stay off like they should and have not been a problem. It's draining my battery.

The possible problems i thought from looking around online could be the fuses, relays or headlight/turn signal switch.

I'm not sure which relay or location that the relay could be in. I was going to check the fuses but looking at the Chilton's manuel it seems like there is a separate fuse for the right and left sides so i'm assuming that it would not be a fuse.

I was wondering from some experienced dudes where the best place to start would be and if i'm missing other possibilities?

Thanks for any and all help,
Mike

Attachments

This might sound obvious but u didn't mention that they stay off with the switch in the off positio. Sounds like you have a short to power. I would use a digital multimeter to help you locate the issue. Following the wiring from the switch to the headlight with everything in the off position I would check to see if you have power at your switch you could have a bad switch