1988 SR5 Questions and Issues

Just picked up an 88 corolla SR5 with a five speed. What performance is out there? Also my speedo. Shoots up to 110 mph quickly when im driving and my gas gauge moves around a bit. Also, it needs a tail light and the smoked piece for the license plate light. Any and all help appreciated.

!988 Sr5 Sunroof

I have a 1988 SR5 that I am trying to restore. I am looking for the sunroof drive cables. The parts still come up on the toyota parts database, but when I order them it comes back "discontinued". Any ideas on where to get this part or a substitute?

E92

speedometer cable maybe for your 110 mph issue. Rock Auto should have it. Car-Part.com is good... however for the smoked plate light thing that might be hard. If you can find a AE92 in your area calling around. I would make a trip out there and strip it and bring all the stuff home... Or bring the car home with you and put it in your back yard... if you have the means.

If you can't ever find it... maybe when 3D printing takes off, someone can make you one. Make us all pieces for that matter.

Also I think if you're referring to the toyota databases online it's not the same as going to the dealership and having the workers tracking down a part for you. I do that and work with them and pictures and a lot times they fly stuff in from some obscure warehouse in Japan for me. Like they'll find it's discontinued too and are able to do research and go a step further than we can I think.... try the dealership.