199 Corolla VE - Transmission Question

I just bought a 99 Corolla VE 3 speed auto and right at 45MPH it surges and then slows down, just keeps doing that until you go over 45mph. Any ideas what this could be? It kind of feels like the torque converter is locking and then unlocking.

Thanks

P.S. It has 101000 miles on it. I just serviced the tranny and it was very dirty.

I just bought a 99 Corolla VE 3 speed auto and right at 45MPH it surges and then slows down, just keeps doing that until you go over 45mph. Any ideas what this could be? It kind of feels like the torque converter is locking and then unlocking.

Thanks

P.S. It has 101000 miles on it. I just serviced the tranny and it was very dirty.
I've got exactly the same problem with my 98 VE. It feels like the A/C compressor going on & off or the trans converter locking & unlocking. I know in some cars with locking converters that 45mph seems to be the common denominator to when the converter is suppose to lock. My car has only 51,000 miles on it and it is very aggravating. I am anxious to find "the cure"!