1991 Corolla -NEED HELP - Automatic Tranny Locked up

Hey guys!
Need a Lil HELP Please ! :) , and THANKS IN ADVANCE :cool:

1991 TOYOTA COROLLA
A lil back ground:
I just had motor rebuilt, just got it back,drove maybe ?? 30-40 miles?? , runs like a champ!
had a small exhaust leak, i knew about pre motor work......So I drive 10 miles to Muffler Shop where a buddy is to weld up coupler that is just before the muffler , for free............. Get muffler welding done.........Leave muffler shop after BSing with buddy for a hour after he does work.Car gets 200 yards down road,doing about 30-40 MPH and the front wheels lock up!!!!! Left me in middle of the road flagging traffic till a tow truck could come and get it out of middle of road.
Jacked up rear end , both wheels spin free
Jacked up front end , wheels spin , but are locked and spin together.
**IT WILL NOW ROLL IN NEUTRAL.
***WHEN I JACK UP FRONT END, START THE MOTOR,PUT IN DRIVE, IT RUNS GREAT,BUT WHEELS WILL NOT GO WHEN I APPLY THE ACCELERATOR.MOTOR ACTS LIKE IT IS UNDER A LOAD BUT NOTHIN HAPPENS :)
****WHEN I MOVE SHIFTER, MY BUDDY CAN SEE THE TRANNY LINKAGE MOVING ON THE TRANNY UNDER THE HOOD......( AS IF, ALL IS SHIFTING GOOD, BUT NOTHING )

QUESTIONS:
What would make the transmission just LOCK UP while driving??
Is there anything I can check visually????
Does this sound like something internal / binding broken parts inside???? :eek:
SHAFT issue????

Just got home and thinkin out loud...........THANKS FOR ANY HELP GUYS

did your tires roll in the same direction or opposite direction when you had front end jacked up? look at my thread if you can. i had a similiar thing happen to my 1992 some say its my tranny

THANKS.....I WILL WATCH YER THREAD ALSO!:):cool:

yeah, when the front end was jacked up.........the front wheels spun together/same direction/locked together,but same as you when on ground , "NOTHING",IT WONT BUDGE AN INCH , IN ANY GEAR!:mad:

CONCLUSION TO MY ISSUE:
DIFFERENTIAL was run dry of oil, and in turn it froze the shaft to the bearings inside , it also damaged the GOVENAR.
I had to have the transmission rebuilt.
The well established local shop had a VERY HARD TIME finding parts!!! All were ordered from a source in Japan , once found, and a premium was paid for said parts.
There were NO USED transmissions avail we could find in the states..............

REMEMBER TO CHECK THOSE DIFFS , BOYS N GIRLS.............. ESPECIALLY ON these older yota's that are separate (tranny shop told me they change this on newer models,and now it dumps over and both use same res,) , and IT IS HARD TO GET TO!
I HAD NO CLUE.......$1400 LESSON Folks