1993 - Charging the A/C - is There a High Idle Solenoid?

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
1993 Toyota Corolla base w/1.6 engine

I am charging the AC. If I hold the RPM's up - maybe 1500 or so - the suction pressure runs about 35-40 lbs. The head pressure is 175 lbs, and pretty cold air comes out of the vents.

But if I let it idle, it idles low and rough, the suction pressure goes up to 75-80 lbs, the compressor clutch cuts in and out, and the vent air gets warm.

Is there a high idle solenoid on this car? Something to hold the idle speed up when the engine idling?

How did this post of mine get your name on it Scott ?

<g>

1993 Toyota Corolla base w/1.6 engine

I am charging the AC. If I hold the RPM's up - maybe 1500 or so - the suction pressure runs about 35-40 lbs. The head pressure is 175 lbs, and pretty cold air comes out of the vents.

But if I let it idle, it idles low and rough, the suction pressure goes up to 75-80 lbs, the compressor clutch cuts in and out, and the vent air gets warm.

Is there a high idle solenoid on this car? Something to hold the idle speed up when the engine idling?

How much should I expect to pay for Amsoil ?

I run Mobil 1 in all my Toyotas but I run my Tacoma especially hard and fast and have been thinking about switching it to Amsoil. I think it takes a 5W20 weight. You see this stuff - how much should I expect to pay per quart?

PHM
------

That is a darned good question!

That is really weird!

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
I run Mobil 1 in all my Toyotas but I run my Tacoma especially hard and fast and have been thinking about switching it to Amsoil. I think it takes a 5W20 weight. You see this stuff - how much should I expect to pay per quart?

PHM
------
I'm an AMSOIL Dealer and I can get you the lowest prices possible. Company rules don't allow me to discuss this publicly, so send me a private message and I can help you out. :thumbsup::)