1994 Corolla - Shift Lever Stuck and No Brake Lights

1994 corolla auto trans: My shift lever won't move unless I depress the emergency shift lever release button with a screwdriver. since I have done this the brake lights and parking lights won't work.
how do I reset the emergency button and fix the brake lights.
A AAA tow truck driver told me to use this button to get the car started as i was having a problem with the stupid anti theft kill switch but he didn't tell me it cause the shifter to lock and the brake and tail light not to work .
Please help LOL

Kev250R

This is my other car
More than likely all you need to do is to replace your brake light switch. That should take care of both of your problems.

Kevin

Thanks guys and that is what the mechanic that did figure it out thought also. However it was not that at all. When the tow truck driver tried to reset the kill switch he removed the negative battery terminal and the key was in the on position. we saw the arcing between the post and connector. Just not sure if that caused the problem or if the triggering of the emergency shift release button caused the problem. The tow company took ownership of the problem and spent a day trying to figure it out. They found that a taillight bulb had fused both contacts of the build together causing the short which kept
popping the taillight fuse.
very strange to say the least.
hope this helps others