1996 Corolla - Bad Misfire

Hello again I seem to have a even bigger problem than the last time. I have a 96 corolla with the 1.6L engine n 5 spd manual,it had leaky valve seals so in turn I did a valve grind and slapped everything back together checked my valve lash. I put an aftermarket header on with a cat from an 09 lancer,reinstalled my O2 sensors and started it...the engine is very jumpy while at idle and misses every now and again so I started reving the engine and it hesitates really bad but once u rev it up it stumbles tremendously. I hung my head underneath the car and looked at my exhaust it was glowing red and shooting flames about a foot and half out the tail pipe... Any ideas what could be wrong? I had an older man tell me to change the fuel filter but I still haven't got around to it..but any ideas would help thanks in advance guys.
Eric

STOP.

Don't change anything. That's a great way to waste money and the trash can gets full of perfectly good parts.

With tearing into the engine internally, it's impossible to even guess what has occurred.

Why did you use parts from a car that isn't even a Toyota? Why the aftermarket exhaust part?

Don't change the fuel filter as that doesn't have anything to do with what is going on. I can't believe anyone would even suggest such nonsense.

Why did you mess with the valves?

There are so many potential things that could be wrong here.

Okay well I done a leak down test and you could hear the valves leaking through my exhaust manifold(was cracked reason for the aftermarket header,$27 cheaper) and through my intake(reason for the valve grind) . But the header is like a 2 1/4 and none of my stock exhaust would fit so I had an old exhaust of a lancer that fit with some modifications, the only reason I used it is so I could run my O2 sensors. It was acting the same exact way before before I done the valve grind as it does now so I don't think I messed anything up Internally..but it acts like it's starving for fuel but at the same time it shoots flames out the exhaust so therefore it's rich.
I'll try n post a video if what it does because I honestly can't explain it but I'll try
On a cold start it will fire up and idle but has a "pop" every now and then but you can shoot the fuel to it and it's really doggy.it will rev up to a certain rpm and miss so bad that it won't rev past that rpm, it will if I rev it very slowly but after it gets past that certain rpm of missing it revs up fine but I can't drop past that certain rpm or it will do the same thing
Could it be the timing?

"Update"
Re did my timing no change...but I was trying to chase down the missfire cylinders 2,3 were firing but I pulled all the injector plugs from 1, 2,3,4 and nothing happened when I pulled 2,3 so I'm assuming the injectors for cylinders 2,3 are bad? Unless it's something else? Any ideas?

"Update"
Re did my timing no change...but I was trying to chase down the missfire cylinders 2,3 were firing but I pulled all the injector plugs from 1, 2,3,4 and nothing happened when I pulled 2,3 so I'm assuming the injectors for cylinders 2,3 are bad? Unless it's something else? Any ideas?

you stated earlier that you had done some valve work. but these valves need to sit exactly perfect in the head to create combustion. if they have a good seal, the piston rings...

but I had the same problem with mine. it was cylinder 4 that had no change when I disconnected the park plug/fuel injector. this was due to a warped/broken exhaust valve. though all the piston rings were fried, I found this out upon taking the engine apart. I also found a blown head gasket and remains of Stop Leak. this, I attribute to the rings. valves caused the issue of the cylinder not firing.

So should I do another leak down test? Because if the valves are warped or not seated correctly it won't hold pressure...or maybe their so tight they don't open and close correctly...idk...but today I went outside and done my own shade tree injector test..I took a 9v battery and connected two leads to each injector while still connected to the rail and they all spray fine so I pulled my plugs,they were fouled so I changed them and while I changed those and was putting my upper intake back together I noticed oil every where and I mean this isn't just a lil blow-by it looks as if I took a 1/4 of a quart of oil and dumped it in my throttle body..rings maybe? Oh and for further reference it misses so bad it won't even pull out of the drive way so there fore I can't even get an idea of what's wrong since I can't check my codes off my check engine light
But I'm getting so aggravated I'm about to sell it or junk it or sumthin...I'm 1300 deep in a car I didn't even pay 700 for...

Okay I think I might have finally figured out what what wrong with my corolla I think I have a bad(icm) ignition control module
Could any one tell me some Simtoms?