1996 Corolla - I Need Help

Hello everyone!

I need some help! I am installing a 12 inch sub in my 1996 corolla.
and I am not sure where to run the 8 gauge wire from the batt though the firewall And then back to the trunk.

If I would need to drill a hole where would be the best spot?

Any help would be great!

Thanks guys!

Kev250R

This is my other car
If you're running the wire straight to the trunk than I would run it underneath the car. To get it into the trunk you could either drill a hole or there should be a couple of rubber plugs back there. If it were me I would pass the wire through one of those plugs (actually I would cut and 'X' across the center of the plug and pass the wire through it).

The fewer places you have to drill and pass the wire through metal the fewer chances you have for potential damage to the wire from chaffing.

Good luck! And turn it down when you're in my neighborhood :thumbsup:

Kevin

fishycomics

Super Moderator
personally, I would not run any power leads on the outside of the car, unprotected, that will lead to more damage if the cable due to weather stressing the sheathing.

There should be a large rubber grommet on the firewall under the dash left of the brake pedal. Instead of drilling a hole I usually put a small slit in the grommet and push the power wire through next to the factory wires. Be careful not to damage any factory wires. Quick clean and easy!

i ran my power wire over the doors and behind the plastics\head liner all the way to the front. i just got a box cutter and put a home in one of the grommets and slid the wire right through. most people run their wire through the door sill but we dont have enough room