1997 Corolla

i found a 97 corolla guy is selling for $200 he hit a deer so it needs a new radiator hood and bumper around 135000 mi on it idk yet whether it a 1.6 or a 1.8l. any comments or need to knows about it before i buy? ive priced the parts can get all three for around 190 off ebay.

Do you really want cheap, made in China, "quality", E-bay parts on a car you are driving down the road at 65 mph?

In my humble opinion based on 30 + years in the automotive repair/maintenance industry, used original equipment Toyota parts are usually much, much better than new made in China, "quality", parts.

Here is a website you can use to locate the parts you need - http://www.Car-Part.com

Also, collision damage that extensive is also a strong indication the car will need a four wheel alignment, otherwise the tires will wear out before their time, the handling and fuel economy will also not be as good as they should be.

I hope this helps you out. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
The bumper is just dinged. The deers legs or something when thru the rad and looks like it just rolled over the top. Tie rods and alignment measure out just fine no pull either way drives straight as an arrow without holding the steerign wheel. Rad upper support is just fine as well. But yea gonna check it out more thoroughly in the daylight tomorrow

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
A front wheel drive car will not cause it to pull to one side from being out of alignment until after uneven wear has occurred with the tires, which then causes the car to pull. But by then of course, the damage is done and it's too late. Performing a four wheel alignment on the car after the tire wear has already occurred will not correct any pull to one side, as the uneven tire wear patterns will not be changed. A car can be out of alignment the same amount on both the left and right sides, which wont cause it to pull to one side from uneven tire wear from side to side, but it will still wear out the tires prematurely. It's kind of like if someone hit your knees with a baseball bat, well you're going to limp evenly and still walk straight. An alignment technician will make adjustments down to 1/32nd of an inch, so a heavy impact is likely to have changed the alignment settings. A four wheel alignment is less costly than replacing prematurely worn out tires and diminished fuel economy.

The used original equipment Toyota parts will likely be less costly than new made in communist China, "quality", parts. Also, purchasing used parts from a junkyard supports a U.S. based business, putting food on the dinner tables of American families. Not so when we purchase made in communist China, "quality", parts. :(:blink:

Food for thought.

Last edited: