1998 Corolla Fog Lights

Hey whats up corollians lol im new to the forum, i drive a white 98 corolla currentlg living in pa nice to meet you all. Now the question i have is i ordered fog lights for my corolla and im pretty sure it wont come with wiring now the thing is i want to make the fogs stock as possible so i would like to know from what year/type of toyota can i use the turn signal w/ fog lamp column switch? Thanks in advance

By the way the reason why im asking about the column switch is because im going to put hids on the fog light housing also my toyota doesnt come with empty slot by the steering wheel to put aftermarket switches

Better off getting it out of a '98 - '02 (sounds like you are going the junkyard route). Later year stalks look the same, but they will have different wiring. It's possible one up to a '13 will work, but I know for a fact a '14 won't.

"Ordered"? Why not just go to an auto parts store?

Are you referring to honest to gosh fog lights with amber bulbs and lenses to cut through the fog better, or white driving lights to light up the road further?

Better off getting it out of a '98 - '02 (sounds like you are going the junkyard route). Later year stalks look the same, but they will have different wiring. It's possible one up to a '13 will work, but I know for a fact a '14 won't.
Yea but problem is finding a 02 corolla in the junkyard is like finding gold underneath a rock lol and also does my corolla comes prewired or would i have to get relay switches and everything else?

Are you referring to honest to gosh fog lights with amber bulbs and lenses to cut through the fog better, or white driving lights to light up the road further?
I dont go to the auto store out here for stuff like that for 2 reasons they either dont have the part or they want to charge an arm and a Leg for the part

I ordered original fog lights for my 98 ive looked online in the US 98-01 corollas dont come with fog lights but in other countries they do, for instance my fog lights are coming straight from russia they have plenty of corollas with fog lights but the thing is i dont know if my corolla came prewired for them or not so most likely i will have to get a relay and a fuse for them as well
And to answer your question two reason why i dont get it from the auto store out here is because they dont have the items or they want to charge an arm and a leg for it

Tough to say. Typically, manufacturers make two wiring harnesses. One for automatic and one for manual, regardless of options. Usually, the wiring is already there for the fog lights ... you just need the switch, the relay, and the lights themselves.

If the U.S. version never came with fog lights ... I cannot guarantee the wiring will be there.

Tough to say. Typically, manufacturers make two wiring harnesses. One for automatic and one for manual, regardless of options. Usually, the wiring is already there for the fog lights ... you just need the switch, the relay, and the lights themselves.

If the U.S. version never came with fog lights ... I cannot guarantee the wiring will be there.
So i got some good news guys i was at the junkyard today and i was able to find the fog loght switch i got it off of a toyota avalon same year as my rolla so to make sure it was the same one i went to a 99 corolla they had and i swapped out the switch and it fell in perfectly i also got the relay as well and some extra wires just incase now i saw on the corolla in the junkyard that is has a 15 amp fuse for fog lights! So i double checked my car and it brings it as well BUT! one thing i did noticed is that the fuse box and the relay boxes does not comes with a slot for me to plug in the fog light relay so basically im doing everything myself with the relay good thing i traced the wires from where they go to on the relay my question is why did toyota put a fog light fuse on the 98-01 corollas but no relays for them??

Probably an oversight on their part.

Post some pictures up when you get them in. I'm curious to see how it came out.
I will deff post some pictures guys i cant wait for the fog lights to arrive already!! Lol tomorrow ill work on the whole wiring that way when i get the fogs all i have to do is plug them in, maybe next week ill order the hids for the fog lights but ill post a pic before i buy the hids that way ya can see how they turned out :) :)

Ok guys so today i swapped out the fog/turn switch and it works perfectly fine!! Now the problem im having is finding where the fog relay goes at can anyone help me please!! All i have left to do is plug in the relay and then run the wires through the firewall and then just wait till tomorrow or tuesday to get my fog lights, ive checked underneath the steering wheel and where the fuses are at and i dont find anything i compared the fuses location on a 02 corolla and mine and the 02 has the fuses block where the relay goes its next to the break pedal on the left but the thing is my doesnt come with the slot to put the relay in my question is can i grab the whole fuse block from a 02 corolla and just swap it out with mine?? Help me out here guys im really not trying to go about this the most COMMON WAY everybody goes with aftermarket switches :thumbdown:add lol

Ok so its been quite a while since ive posted anything about my fog lights well i finally got my fog lights woohoo!! And after breaking my head over and over i finally got the 01-02 corolla oem fog stalk to work on my 98 corolla and be able to turn my fog lights on independently!! So whoever is trying to do the same setup as me with their oem fogs n has a oem fog stalk stay tuned as for tomorrow ill have all the instructions step by step on how to get them to work and make your own wiring harness items needed : oem fog stalk-$9 at the junkyard around my way, oem fog relay:free they didnt charge me for it at the junkyard, and youll need the fog light plugs from a 01-02 corolla depending on your fog lights plugs:$6 at the junkyard my fog lights plugs plug in a 01 corolla and last but not least lots of wires you can get them free if you pocket them lol the lady at the junkyard didnt bother charging me for it ill have pictures up tomorrow and ill explain everything.. the only question i have is do i run a ground wire to the relay? Cause i only got the side with the current on the relay to work due to the fact i dont have everything completed waiting for tomorrow

loso, sucked the relay didn't have a place for it. It is possible it was in the engine compartment fuse box, but I'm lcurious to see where you placed it or if you ended up swapping out the fuse block assembly.

Also, your pictures didn't show up. Better off making a Photobucket account and using the insert picture button to post the URL that Photobucket provides.

Attachments require insanely small files to work and linking pictures from Facebook shows up a blank.

Ook thanks for the heads up and yea bro there was no relay for the fog so i did my own wiring which honestly did not take long on wiring it once i found out how the relay works lol and ill load the pictures in a lil bit and as for the relay i just did 2 holes on the casing and ran a zip tie and tied it near the fog stalk and fuse block underneath steering wheel for future references ill know where to look and make it easy on me :)

Ok so here it goes guy full write up step by step on installing fog lights on a 98-00 corolla with oem fog stalk.
Things you will need:
#1 oem fog stalk, got mine on the junkyard off a 98 avalon for $9 i got the relay for free as well
#1 fog relay
#2 oem fog plug(you decide from which car you want it from at the junkyard) i got mine of a 01 corolla cause i had already ordered my fog lights so i knew what plugs i needed to take.
Also need plenty of wires you decide what colors you want as long as you remember where you going to put them at.
#1 roll of black tape(electric tape) or heat shrink extenders(i used both to be sure)
#1 oem fog stalk connector(when you take the fog stalk from whichever car take the plug thats connected with it) i grabbed mine from the 01 corolla i mentioned earlier.

Ok now lets get to business. First you want to take off the steering column cover, its held by 3 screws, 1 in the bottom of the steering column and 2 behind the steering wheel. Turn on the car to turn the steering wheel and be able to take off the screws. I got no pictures for that cause at the time i forgot to take one but im pretty sure someone here as posted a thread on how to locate the screws. Next you want to take off the 2 screws thats holding the turn signal stalk in place, there is 1 screw on top and 1 on the bottom. Once the screws are off slide the turn signal stalk out and unplug the connector. Now you cut off your old turn signal connector and wire the new one making sure each wire is wired with its same color:
http://s413.photobucket.com/user/los_170bx/media/1396572187.jpg.html?sort=3&o=6

Once you wire the connector you should 3 wires left that does not goes with the rest of the wiring to the car. (These are your fog switch wires on the new oem fog stalk your going to put in) In my case the 3 wires color are 2-red greens and 1 red blue. Now what you want to do is wire the red blue wire with one of the red green wire together. This gives continuity to the other red green wire. Now take the fog relay and face it up with the pins towards you and the small pins facing your right side
http://s413.photobucket.com/user/los_170bx/media/1396572173.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5
Now grab some of the wires you grabbed from the junkyard or had cause your basically doing your own wiring harness, now 98-00 corollas didnt come prewired but they atleast gave us the 15amp fog fuse which comes pretty damn handy if you want your fog lights oem like mine lol
Your going to take a wire and put it on one pin of the fog fuse and plug the fuse back in, next your going to splice the end of the wire into 2 wires, once thats done your going to plug them on the 2 pins that is on the far side of the relay,
http://s413.photobucket.com/user/los_170bx/media/1396572173.jpg.html?sort=3&o=5

you could extend these wires from your fog fuse or cut them short, me i personally cut them short and kept it by the fuse block since we dont have a fog relay socket like the 01+ corollas, now your going to grab another wire and wire it to the red green wire thats is the last wire left on the oem fog stalk connector to wire, then run that wire to the SMALL pin infront of you that is facing right by doing this you are now in control of your fog lights and have wired them independently. Now the last pin on the relay is the big pin infront of you, grab a wire and run it to your fog light, this wire is your 12v wire going to th fog lights from the relay. All thats left is grounding your fog lights, the black wire from the fog lights is for ground you can ground them wherever you want. Now plug in the oem fog stalk and test the switch before reassembling everything, this is where i have my relay fuse and some pictures of how everything came out and the end results
http://s413.photobucket.com/user/los_170bx/media/1396572194.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4
I made 2 hole on the relay housing and zip tied it to a hole that was not disturbing anywhere
This is how it looks after i put everything back
http://s413.photobucket.com/user/los_170bx/media/1396572204.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s413.photobucket.com/user/los_170bx/media/1396572178.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
And here is my fog lights on with my parking lights on
http://s413.photobucket.com/user/los_170bx/media/1396572190.jpg.html?sort=3&o=3
Now here is my fog lights on with my hids on as well
http://s413.photobucket.com/user/los_170bx/media/1396572182.jpg.html?sort=3&o=2
Thanks for reading and learning hope this helps out anybody who wants oem fog lights on a 98-00 corolla