1999 Corolla front end (?) clunking/thunking

My 1999 Corolla CE has developed a front end clunking at low speeds and when turning left. It began with a small squeak I was hearing when turning left and has turned into a real nightmare. I hear the noise on the driver's side when turning left, and at speeds under 30 mph. The most bothersome issue is that I only hear the noise when the temperature outside is over 90 degrees - the hotter it gets the worse the clunking/thunking. I've had the sway bar link rear and front suspension repaired (not by Toyota), sway bar bushing replaced (not by Toyota), and rear suspension trailing arm bushings replaced (by Toyota). Toyota says my motor mounts have more play in them than they like to see, and though my struts aren't leaking, think the rear struts could be the problem. Yup, we're throwing parts and money at the problem now and I would rather have a more definite assessment of the problem. Two of the Toyota techs hear the noise in the rear (thus the rear suspension trailing arm bushings), but I could swear the noise is primarily in the left front end. Is it possible what was done by the non-Toyota mech. needs to be checked more closely? I'm thinking the biggest point to figuring this out is the hot weather issue...seems to me it must be something that contracts and expands as the weather changes...but I could be wrong. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

I had clunking problem in the front end of my 98 corolla. I changed strut assemblies and sway bar shackles to no avail. It turned out to be the inner tie-rods of the steering linkage.