1ZZ to 2ZZ Swap ECU Issues

Hello all!!
Im having problems with the ecu that i got for my new swap and the wiring. To begin, my car is a corolla 2003, i bought a full swap kit from japan that was in a Celica GT-S (the 2ZZ-GE) and the ecu that came with the kit is suppose to the one that matches the engine. When i came to pluging everything i noticed that the wires coming from the engine plug in perfectly yet those of the corolla dash do not.

My question is: are there plug n play adapters for this type of issue that i can purchase or am i using the wrong ecu??

Thanks!!

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
A good Toyota dealerships Service or even Parts Department might be the best place to get correct information on this, and/or maybe contact the company that you purchased this swap kit from.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I'm pretty sure you'll need a few more other 05' - 06' Corolla XRS parts. I'm not sure about using 05' - 06' Matrix XRS parts.

dealers in my area... MTL Quebec, dont know anything about a swap or anything close to it..... The Japanese guys who sold me the kit "EngineLand" in Montreal Quebec... referred me here.... so no help there boyz....

the ecu might of the xrs was what i was thinking about, yet not sure.... lick i said.... right now i have 2 ecu's '03 stock VVT-i and the swap engine ecu VVTL-i from the celica from japan.... MY cluster wire dont fit.... but the one coming from the engine does of course..... so if what i understand over here is that if i had the ecu and cluster of the xrs ill be good with the set up???

Boyzzz.... I need your help!!!! im a very serious tuner, and feedback will come with every move i make... I recently lost my license due to some... well ya know... and that is why im on pause with my project, but ive played with the AE-86 and the good old 7M-GTE.... now its time to test/abuse the VVT models and here in Quebec, a Corolla like mine or any other 2000+ toyota tuner is extremely rare.

Thanx for every last bit of feedback ;-)

Yes! You need a 05' - 06' Corolla XRS ECU (maybe XRS engine harness) and cluster. You might also need a 05' - 06' Corolla XRS/Matrix XRS/Pontiac Vibe exhaust manifold. You can use the Celica exhaust manifold but you have to delete the air injection option in the XRS ECU. You can try looking for these parts on www.ebay.com or www.craigslist.com or maybe a Toyota dealer can order them but that would be new and most likely expensive.