2001 Corolla LE - Unbelievable MPG's

Hi all,

I am new here. I recently purchased a '01 rolla with 31,500 miles on it. True little old lady car. Just got back from Atlantic City. 314 miles round trip, 6.9 gallons used toppin off tank both before and after..... 45.5 mpg. I couldn't believe it. I'm usually at about 35 mpg in mixed driving but these numbers floored me. By the way, it's an automatic. AC was on 100% of the time. Cruise set at 55. There was even some stop and go traffic for the first 40 miles. Figure an extra 100 lbs for the Mrs....I dare not say more.

Anbody else with similar results?

Bob

I get pretty bad mileage with mine, maybe 35 hwy and 28 in city :( . It's not my driving, because anytime I drive someone else's car I get better mileage than them. My engine does have 200,000 km on it but it's very well maintained

Hi all,

I am new here. I recently purchased a '01 rolla with 31,500 miles on it. True little old lady car. Just got back from Atlantic City. 314 miles round trip, 6.9 gallons used toppin off tank both before and after..... 45.5 mpg. I couldn't believe it. I'm usually at about 35 mpg in mixed driving but these numbers floored me. By the way, it's an automatic. AC was on 100% of the time. Cruise set at 55. There was even some stop and go traffic for the first 40 miles. Figure an extra 100 lbs for the Mrs....I dare not say more.

Anbody else with similar results?

Bob

That's some good MPG man!

i have a 87 rolla and with $20 it took me from phily to york PA and back and da next day to warminster and back and then to work another 45 min drive.......but im having alil problem does anyone no more about this car dlx

I have been recording my car's gas mileage using aCar (mobile app) and my mpg range is 18-47 with and average of 28.7mpg. I can see the car running real well like that but this was a one way trip right? maybe a slight grade on most of the road made the car run super well?

Hi...new to this forum. Bought a 99 Corolla LE 5-speed about a month ago. 133k miles and bad spark plug tube seals and I get around 37.5 (30-40% city driving) mpg.