2001 Prizm - Odd Radio/Head Problem

I've got a 2001 Chevy Prizm that has recently developed an odd radio/head problem, it started when I realized my cigarette lighter adapter was not working, and now the clock display and radio part of the head unit is not working. The radio unit itself lights up and I can insert and eject CDs normally, however the clock display is blank and the radio will not turn on. I've checked the related head fuses under the hood and they all look good, the only one I can't visually check (can I?) is the large 4 pronged Head fuse, the smaller 15a head fuses for the left and right are both fine visually and not burned out. I have pulled the trim off and pulled the radio unit out to inspect the wiring and aside from some of the electrical tape wrapped coming off, all appears normal and no fraying or damage to the wiring visible.

If anyone has any ideas on where to go from here, I would appreciate it. I have a 40 minute commute each way to work each day (the drive home is typically in the middle of the night as well) and without my XM radio unit it gets lonely, add on top of that no terrestrial radio and its just bad.

Sam