2002 - Keyless Entry Doesn't Work

I have a 02 Corolla with a keyless entry system, when the system first started acting up i decided to change the battery in the remote and that seemed to solve the problem. After a month or two the system started acting up again, this started by taking about 10-15 presses of either the lock or unlock button before the doors actually locked or unlocked. This went on for about another month or so before the system just stopped working again. I then changed the battery from the current remote to the other remote which seemed to remedy the situation for about another couple weeks before it gave out as well. Now none of the remotes work and now I'm not sure if it's the remotes themselves or the system receiver that quit.

It's now been about a year since i gave up on it but now i decided to try and tackle the problem once again. I played around with the remotes a bit and tried swapping the battery from one remote to the other but that didn't do anything. I then pulled the circuit board out of the remote and cleaned it with electrical connector cleaner but yet again that didn't do anything. I'm at the point now where i am thinking of buying a new battery again and seeing if that works. But i feel a bit wary about doing this as i have a feeling the battery isn't the culprit but more a pair of faulty remotes. I do however find it hard to believe a new (Lithium) battery only lasted me a month before it quit.

Anyhow, regardless of the situation I'm sort of at a dead loss and not sure how to fix the problem. Is it at all possible that the keyless entry receiver itself may have quit and that's why the remotes don't work anymore..? I've also read online that it is possible to have the remotes tested to see if they are even transmitting. So i may go that route as well then go from there. But if anybody else has any other suggestions to try please feel free to let me know. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Just an update, the battery in the remote was indeed the culprit so i changed it. Now everything works fine again. Not sure if it was a bad battery or what but I'll see how long this one lasts before i make any assumptions. Thanks for the help anyways.