2002 - Need to Replace All Four Struts - Which Brand?

s1w

I need to replace all 4 struts on my 2002 CE. Can this group recommend a brand and where I might find a good price?

thx

Last edited:
Id go for Tokiko HP "Blues" they are reliable and not expensive at all you can get em for around $400 for the set of 4. They're actually also a little stiffer than OEM shocks and work well with lowering springs just incase you were thinking of lowering your car down the road.

MattH

Id go for Tokiko HP "Blues" they are reliable and not expensive at all you can get em for around $400 for the set of 4. They're actually also a little stiffer than OEM shocks and work well with lowering springs just incase you were thinking of lowering your car down the road.
Good to know :) I just found a service write up in the glovebox from the previous owner.. Looks like all 4 struts were replaced at 102k, along with some brake parts and tie rods.

Last edited:
I just replaced all the struts in a 2000 Corolla (my granddaughters). I got Gabriel Redimount assemblies through Amazon. Got free shipping and a $125 rebate. I think that after rebate I was into the parts for $391.00. The car has 170,000 miles on it, and I thought it would be best to replace struts, springs, boots etc. I did the fronts in about 45 minutes, working with a floor jack, the rears took a little longer, maybe an hour. I has a helper put the nuts on the top of the strut assemblies, while I installed them....that's not a one person job. The rest is really straight forward.