2002 timing chain replacement & head removal and replacement

I have a 2002 Corolla engine that has had a pinging type noise sounding almost like a vibration from a heat shield. I've put up with this noise for about 50,000 mile. 2 month ago I replaced the valve cover gasket and I could see the timing chain had some play in it. Recently the car just died out. I know it's getting fuel. My guess is the timing chain jumped and now the valve are off timing. I need to get a compression tester and see if I have compression. If the compression isn't right I will assume the timing chain needs to be replaced. I'm sure there is a post in this forum someplace about replacing the timing chain but I have no idea how to find it. I feel with the valves tapping those 50k miles I will have the head rebuilt incase the valve guides and or valves got screwed up from all that time. I need a post on how to remove and replace the cylinder head.

Looks like I have a problem with a valve on the cylinder head. I did a compression test and cylinder 1 = 135, cylinder 2 = 135, cylinder 3 = 175 and cylinder 4 = 0. Since cylinder 4 has no compression I need to remove the cylinder head and while I do that I will replace the timing chain.