2003 corolla ce P0171 lean code HELP!

aku5

about 2 months ago my CEL code came up and it showed P0171 lean the mechanics replaced my MAF sensor, O2 sensor with a denso brand. After driving it for about 900 miles it came back on so I took it back and they told me to use a chevron full system cleaner which I did but that didn't help and it came back on after a few days. Next I replaced the intake manifold gasket with the OEM part which everyone tells me that works for them but it didn't. They did a smoke test and a fuel pump test on my car and said everything turned out fine. I noticed that every time they clear the code it usually comes back on after 2/3 days around a certain amount of millage not sure if thats going to help. This problem is getting really annoying and I'm tired of taking my car to the shop so many times. Should I try replacing the fuel injectors?

my last resort is taking it to the dealership hoping their advance "code scanners" will find the problems I'm just scared that I'm going to have to pay an arm or a leg.

Hey Aku, The Code 171 problem is caused by a known problem with the intake manifold gasket on this model. It's easy to fix. There's a TSB associated with it. The original oem gasket gets brittle, and needs to be replaced by a new one, of a new design (orange color). Please see the attachments. The problem typically shows up in cold weather. Your posting was 1 March, so I suspect you're having this problem.

Attachments

Hey Aku, The Code 171 problem is caused by a known problem with the intake manifold gasket on this model. It's easy to fix. There's a TSB associated with it. The original oem gasket gets brittle, and needs to be replaced by a new one, of a new design (orange color). Please see the attachments. The problem typically shows up in cold weather. Your posting was 1 March, so I suspect you're having this problem.
Excellent info brother! Thank you.