2003 Corrola burning extra gas

I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla CE with 135, 000 kms that I've owned for almost 2 years. This summer I parked it for about 2 months and since I started driving it again it's been going through more than usual gas. Tires are at 35 psi, airfilter is clean, put injector cleaner in it, burns no oil, no lights are on, runs strong, tried running a tank of premium though it and didn't make a difference, I don't idle it very long and yet it is burning 30-40% more than usual. I've always gased up at Shell because I found I got about 100 kms to a tank better when I filled up there but for some reason it's been going through alot more than normal compared to last winter. Has anybody had this same problem?

It might be because your car was standing idle for a long time in winters. Check your air filter or there might be something in your carburetor.

It might be because your car was standing idle for a long time in winters. Check your air filter or there might be something in your carburetor.
The filter was clean and maybe it could be the idling but in the fall time it was still burning more than usual. Any idea how I would go about checking the carburetor?

Connect your car with the scanner and check if it throwing any code? This could be due to any sensor could fail in the car.
Last winter about a year ago the check engine light came on and my scanner said it was an emission related sensor, but after disconnecting the battery it hasn't come back on since. And I recently scanned it and it was clean. So if there's no lights/codes do you have any other ideas what it could be?

Noah Thompson,

it's just Winter Time and the gas price :p.

What is condition of your tires?
Make sure your not carrying a ton of stuff in your Corolla :D.

So I checked the spark plugs and they were black and burnt white on the ends. I replaced them, now my highway millage is back to normal, however in the city it remains the same... Would it be worth checking the throttle body?