2004 Corolla - Inheriting

Hey all,

I am inheriting my wife's 2004 Corolla with 130k miles on it. I traded in my VW sportwagen TDI and got her a new Honda Pilot.

She does not take the care of her cars the way I do, but the good news is she had a corolla which seems bullet proof. In the past she has changed the oil and got new tires and thats really it (plus an auto window arm that broke). Anything I should look out for maintenance wise? Oil change intervals?

Thanks!

Per another post just previous to yours, I would check the tranny fluid. If it is original, it is about 100,000 miles overdue. Might want to take it somewhere and just have a good general service done such as flushing tranny fluid, flush power steering fluid, flush brake fluid, check all belts, etc. Might cost $400, but could greatly increase the longevity of the car... just my $.02

take it to a toyota dealership that is know for having a good service department, unless you know of a shop that is truly very reliable and honest...i find it very difficult to let anyone work on my car unless i know them personally, so i just do everything myself :)

take it to a toyota dealership that is know for having a good service department, unless you know of a shop that is truly very reliable and honest...i find it very difficult to let anyone work on my car unless i know them personally, so i just do everything myself :)
Agreed! Do it yourself and use quality fluids and parts. Do it yourself and have peace of mind it has been done right. Wrenching is easy. Time is usually the problem.

plus you have a feeling of accomplishment after the job...even if sometimes it does take you farrrr longer than intended haha I actually just got out from under my subaru a few minutes ago :)