2005 Corolla Engine Maintenance light on...

Can't turn off the Engine Maintenance light from blinking after starting car. It blinks 5 or 7 times then remains off. I changed oil and filter and still cannot turn it off. Have followed many suggestions and UTube videos, including holding trip odometer "A" button in while turning key on/off etc and many sequences ... turning engine on/off ..etc etc ad nauseum.

Have not tried hooking it up to my OSB... approx. 110K miles. Owners manual says that it denotes oil change... I did that and light still blinks then remains off after a few seconds.

casmic

push in trip meter button. where your odometer is. push it in with the key off.....while still holding the button down with the key off turn the key to on. Then let go of the button. if doesnt work try again. this is for maint. light not check engine. witch you need a programer or pull you - cable on your bat. but if it throwin a code it will just keep appearing.

Thank you for your effort...I tried it 6 times which makes it. all total, probably 13 or so times I have tried that sequence so far. As usual, the Engine Maint. light blinks 7 times and goes out. I will try pulling the battery cable for a minute or so. I even saw one UTube in which the guy pulls the radio blade fuse. Soo they will have me touching the right front headlight and sticking my tongue on the oil filler cap while saying a rosary.... backwards.

casmic

lol...so it turnes off after it blinks a few times when the car is started. if that the case it normal it your mil lamp doing it thing during startup. if it bugs u enough take out the bulb from behind the instrument pannel that conected to that warning light