2006 COROLLA CE RESONATOR/CONVERTER

I took my car into a shop to get an exhaust problem fixed. The car still has the original exhaust system. I was shown the disconnect between the muffler and a long pipe that runs all the way to the front of the car. They said they could retain the muffler, but the long pipe running up to the front had to be replaced. The repair estimate has the resonator/converter all as one piece: which is $771.29. Is the catalytic converter all one piece with the resonator pipe on the 2006 Corolla CE?

There is also an oxygen sensor which comes into the side of the pipe which might need to be replaced: that would be $137.

I'm more concerned about whether I really need to have a new catalytic converter put in: some places on the web show the resonator pipe as a separate entity.

YES.. it's is all one piece. It should feature the dual cat + mid-pipe with your exhaust resonator (should be a straight bolt on). Your down stream O2 Sensor will to be replace. I'm sure it's erode into your exhaust. For $771.29 that is cheap, however the O2 sensors is over price.. I was able to both my Upper/Lower O2 NAME brand O2 Sensors for $170 off eBay.

The single cat w/ mid pipe + resonator that version is for 2004 & 2005 Corolla XRS, Matrix XRS, & Celica