2006 Corolla Spare Key Programming Help Needed

JanS

I bought a replacement key and had it cut for my 06. I've tried all the programming methods on You Tube that I could find. There was nothing specifically for an 06. The 05 method didn't work. Does anyone know how to get it to work on an 06? Thanks!

JanS

Re key programming

I bought an original Toyota dot chip key and had it cut. I need to know how to program an 06 Corolla so it will work. It's a simple thing to do if I can find the steps. I've already programmed a new remote to work for the car. I don't want to spend $100.00 at my dealer for them to do it.

For my '08 Rav, only the dealer has the software to program the chip in the key to communicate to your car. You will need to take all keys with you when you get this done, so I have been told. Did this when I got a Valet key for my used Rav. My Rav keys have the dot, newer models have a G. Higher encryption.

In other words, to start the car, the mechanical shape of the key is only one factor, the key has to have a chip that the car has been programmed to recognize, that only Toyota dealers have the software to do this.

Key

I realize that but have no idea what Toyota Boy is talking about. Regardless of who makes it or what shape it is it's still a chip key and needs programmed the same way no matter who makes it.

Not neccesary, I took my toyota key to locksmith, they made a duplicate, which cost just $6, and that key does the same thing the stock keys,do except it doesnt have toyota logo on it. As long as it works who cares whether it has logo or not .

Not neccesary, I took my toyota key to locksmith, they made a duplicate, which cost just $6, and that key does the same thing the stock keys,do except it doesnt have toyota logo on it. As long as it works who cares whether it has logo or not .
Good for you! That also worked for my 1999 model. What model year is yours? They are not all the same.

I would call a Toyota dealer, give them your VIN and ask them if your car uses a transponder key. I believe you'll still need to get your new key cut. I have a 2000 Celica GT-S and I just got an extra key from Toyota, all metal with logo, that doesn't use a transponder for $7.18

I have no idea as to what year Toyota started using transponder keys on Corollas but call Toyota, give them your VIN and find out.