2006 - I Need to Replace the Entire Rear Body - What Years Will Fit?

Yes; it does give me a clue Nate - but I am looking for an answer

And thanks for calling me "doh" - whatever that means. <g>

So is it your answer that from 2003 to 2008 the exterior body details and dimensions of all Corollas were Exactly the same? No trim or minor styling differences of any kind?

If so; that would be a very cool thing as a 2003 will be much cheaper to buy than a 2006, 7, or 8. <g>

PHM
------

doh!

you're in the 2003-2008 section, that should give you a clue...

natecade1

Maintainer of Wife's Cor
the S model has slots in the bumper covers and rocker panels, and holes in the trunk for the spoilers to attach. other than that all the bodies on all 2003-2008 corollas are exactly the same.

Thanks Nate - what would you do ?

The parts for 2003 and 2004 Corollas are much less - so if they will fit that seems like a better source for them.

Although I am sort of up in the air about what to do.

My 2006 w/60K miles is apparently worth maybe $9000. in nice shape.

But my body shop owner friend is saying that it will cost about $4000. to repair and paint - and that's with me bringing him the parts. Which parts would be at: least the RR corner of the car. So: maybe another $1000. in parts.

I sent the pics of the car is it is now to some online 'we buy cars' place and they said that would give me $1800. for it, and the title - including going to pick it up.

What would you do?

PHM
------

the S model has slots in the bumper covers and rocker panels, and holes in the trunk for the spoilers to attach. other than that all the bodies on all 2003-2008 corollas are exactly the same.

natecade1

Maintainer of Wife's Cor
I would fix it myself since I do body work. I would grab my own parts at a JY and spend maybe $300 max.

However, if I were you, I would sell it in a heartbeat for that price. $4000 sounds fair to me btw for repairs.

In fact; there a little slide show at that address

I thought maybe the pic would appear here - but it doesn't. But if you click on that link there are two or three other pics of the damaged areas.

PHM
--------

natecade1

Maintainer of Wife's Cor
yeah, I would take the $1800, or you could try to part it out.

I'd be a buyer for front bumper cover, bumper reinforcement, bumper foam, both headlights, hood, and right fender for $400.

the engine and trans can be pretty valuable and would sell easily, so you would have to do some work, but you could probably break $1800 parting it out.

Why wouldn't you fix it Nate ?

If the cars like it are typically selling in the $9K range - why not spend the $5K to fix it?

Why would you take the $1800. instead of fixing it?

PHM
------

yeah, I would take the $1800, or you could try to part it out.

I'd be a buyer for front bumper cover, bumper reinforcement, bumper foam, both headlights, hood, and right fender for $400.

the engine and trans can be pretty valuable and would sell easily, so you would have to do some work, but you could probably break $1800 parting it out.

natecade1

Maintainer of Wife's Cor
because what are salvage/rebuild cars selling for? not to mention the month or so you would be without the car while it's in the shop, obviously you don't need the car on a daily basis if you still haven't made a decision, so why not just put money in your pocket instead of spending money for a car you don't "need"

but that's just my opinion.
I just bought the everything I needed (including painting materials) to fix mine today for $510 and I will probably spend this afternoon and half of tomorrow on it and then it will be done, even though I don't need the car, it's not as big of inconvenience or hit on the wallet for me to keep it.

Last edited:
Last week we put it on the frame rack

Last week we put it on the rack and started pulling. It's pretty amazing how much of it pulled out. The kinks in the rear pillars and all. I ordered a right rear 3/4 which is supposed to be here this week. The rest after market - so we'll see how it all goes together.

Now I am debating whether to sell this 2006 or to sell my 1993. <g>

PHM
------

because what are salvage/rebuild cars selling for? not to mention the month or so you would be without the car while it's in the shop, obviously you don't need the car on a daily basis if you still haven't made a decision, so why not just put money in your pocket instead of spending money for a car you don't "need"

but that's just my opinion.
I just bought the everything I needed (including painting materials) to fix mine today for $510 and I will probably spend this afternoon and half of tomorrow on it and then it will be done, even though I don't need the car, it's not as big of inconvenience or hit on the wallet for me to keep it.