2007 Corolla - Inspection Questions

So I just bought a 2007 Toyota Corrola with 86k from a dealer. The car is a cherry (at least it appears). Super clean carfax history with oil changes & service items done like clockwork.

Engine oil looks nice and clear, new tires, etc.

I want to take it to an independent mechanic to service it for me.
I'm a novice car DIYer, but I would like to have it initially serviced by a pro.
What should I ask him to specifically check out? I would imagine that this is the age of a car when things start going bad (like water pump, hoses & lines, etc.) just due to age & not just mileage. I want to catch anything I can before it's a problem. Any recommendations?

Also, can anyone point me to a good maintenance schedule that corresponds to age/mileage?

Thanks in advance!!!:thumbsup:

Need to check all hoses and belts. Consider changing brake fluid. I am always leery re new tires on a used car. Consider having alignment specs checked. Check cabin filter. The maintenance schedule guide is a separate booklet which should have remained with the vehicle. You can look up the schedule online. Call me obsessive, but currently dealing with mice in a 2007, have the tech check for evidence of mice in the engine bay as well as cabin filter area. Now would also be the time for an injector cleaning.

Last edited: