2007 Corolla S - Front Struts - Are They Original?

I'm wondering if there is a way to tell whether the front struts are original equipment. Is there a mark, tag or other that identifies it as original equipment? The dust boots are loose fitting and look to be original and the struts are black.

Last edited:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
I'm wondering if there is a way to tell whether the front struts are original equipment. Is there a mark, tag or other that identifies it as original equipment? The dust boots are loose fitting and look to be original and the struts are black.
How many miles are on the car and what year is it?

Corolla front struts are they original

Hi, Thanks for the reply. This 07' Corolla seems to ride ok, not alot of boating over bumps, the damping seems ok and so far the struts have not started leaking. We just bought this car on November 9th and the last toyota corolla that we had was a 92' and it was a different car altogether. I just bought a chilton service manual for our car and am pleased with the engineering that has gone into this 07' S model. My wife drives it to her job 7 miles one way; she loves the car.
radar's friend,
Chuck White

On my Corrola the stock shocks started degrading quickly after 70000 miles. Rides fine after 70000 miles just has a lot less low speed dampening.

Jason