2007 S Corolla Heat - None

fishycomics

Super Moderator
2007Corolla S Mileage around 70K.

Engine temp meter shows between low and high, right in the middle, engine ran for 20 minutes Air still cool.

Fan at high. climate at Hot. and on face. circulation to outside.

Tried ac, , tried adjusting climate, and hear it switching from cold to hot.

Radiator opened. and was expanding as it has pressure., fluid is good.

at firewall, Heater core feels warm, hoses.

stumped where inside fuses are at, will check for blown fuses. Hood fuse no heater fuse....

Heat went, the heater core comes to mind, thermostat only regulates engine temp not heat, if removed it be cooler.

Looking for advice, do not tell me winter is over and fix it in fall, that I know DUH!

last heater core on a 1990 car was $600.00 today who knows

The thermostat does regulate the temperature of the antifreeze/coolant and if it malfunctions, sticking open, it will not allow the antifreeze/coolant to reach the proper temperature which will cause a reduction of heat to the interior of the car. A seven year old thermostat with 70,000 miles on it could very well be in need of replacement. A thermostat is a normal wear and tear item.

Not only will a malfunctioning thermostat cause problems with receiving adequate heat to the interior of the car, it can also reduce fuel economy, increase engine wear and shorten motor oil life. The thermostat is a very important part of the engine and it's good preventative maintenance practice to replace them before they malfunction.

Fortunately, thermostats don't cost a lot and Advance Auto Parts offers two options -

At $10.99 - http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...renheit-14078/5653517-P?searchTerm=thermostat

A better thermostat at $25.99 - http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/stant-thermostat-48128/10006589-P?searchTerm=thermostat

When replacing the thermostat, I also advise to replace the antifreeze/coolant at this time so the new thermostat doesn't have its life shortened by old, dirty, worn out antifreeze.

Here's how to replace the thermostat in your 2007 Corolla -

Last edited by a moderator:

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Awesome clip. will research more before I monkey with that I will check for the air flow door, who knows a spring could have broke, the car has yep 120, I was close Lol

thermostat will offer a regulated temps that I get. temp through the cooling system twill cool oil & trans fluids that I get as well.

So possibly our rebuilt radiator needs some tlc

I agree with Scott.

My '82 had a Be Cool radiator in it. Had to drain half the coolant in winter time to get the engine warm enough to make the heater work, otherwise you could see the temp go up, thermostat open, temp go down, thermostat close, repeat.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Sorry guys I tend to lose my thoughts at times....

I am not yet able to have car in hand due to todays times... Holidays.

What I worry most about is AF hitting the floor. burping the car.

If the car is over heating it can be a few things. but how to tell is doing proper tests.

rad has been replaced a few times along with other important parts. thermostat was one, tow of them.....

keep posted when done. hang online every day it feel like
forever.....

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Update:

car will go in.

What I recall, last time I had a same issue was not a thermostat, and this is a repelcating problem like my other car?

a switch gone bad. that causes the symptom we have.

Either way the job will lead to
new parts. will update further

tip if you get hot, always turn on your heater FULL to vent that hot air out, do not shut off car.

If you are losing coolant or the water pump has failed, turning on the heater won't cool the engine quick enough and you'll end up warping the head and blowing a head gasket, if you are lucky.

If you approach the red zone, turn the heater on. If you go into the red zone anyway you pull over to a safe spot as fast as possible and kill the engine.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Car been fixed. Pressure test , Fluid change, and requested thermostat and gasket, be swapped out. All hoses are in good working order. thanks all