2007 - Stumped - Low Beam Lights Not Working

I have a 2007 corolla S 5 speed. Low beam lights stopped working at the same time. I have done lots of digging. Solutions attempted:

DRL swith under brake turne it over. Did not work
Under steering wheel yellow wire (see picture). Did not work
Checked one of the low beam filiments, appears to be good

Here is the infor on the yellow wire:
I couldn't take the headlights turning off and on during bright sunlight so I decided to disable the automatic headlights and the DRL's. In order to do this I simply snipped the yellow wire going to the DRL module above the gas and brake pedal, then grounded the side that goes to the module and covered the other side. There was a convenient ground right by the module that I used. I tested it out and couldn't find any ill side effects. No DRL's and I don't have to mess with any brake wiring. The yellow wire is a signal that the car is running. If the yellow wire is grounded the module doesn't think the car is running and if it's not grounded it thinks it's running.

Here is a picture:

:confused:
:mad:
:eek:

Attachments

Last edited:
Have you use a digital multimeter to check for voltage at the light bulb connectors with the light switch to the ON position? That will tell if you the whole circuit is good or you have something wrong down stream and will need to trace it back to the fuse.