2008 Corolla CE

Hey guys, with my Rolla being a base model the door rub strips are black and the car is white, from what I can see the strips are just attached with double sided tape, can I remove them to give the car a clean look without problems? Or will there be clip holes in the door panel?

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
I don't know if there are any holes or not, but you will find the paint underneath the strips to be in better condition than the paint on the rest of the car, as the paint under the strips has been protected from the deteriorating affects of the sun and weather. So instead of having a black strip, you may have a white strip that doesn't match the rest of the paint. Might make your car look a bit odd.

Also, without those strips, your Corolla's sheet metal will be much more prone to dings and dents from other cars having their doors opened and slamming into your car. Those strips are there to protect your car from that damage.

Also, if the strips are held on by double sided tape, it will be very difficult to remove without damaging the paint, as the tape will have very strong adhesive.

Luckily, I work at a paint store with the proper blending compounds and adhesive removers, honestly the car looks more clean without them, I'm putting bronze 17x8s on them which should give it a unique look which is what I'm going for, any ideas on the max width a 17 can be, ive heard from my friends 17x8 is the widest you can go without fender rolling