2008 Corolla - Interior Lights Problem

Hi everybody, I'm new here and from The netherlands, so I hope I can make clear what my problem is.
I own a Toyota Corolla Verso Linea Sol 2008.
Yesterday I wanted to place a red led lightstrip on the door, to warn people that the door is open, and wanted to connect it to the interior light and the door switch. The interior lights normally will dimm after 15 seconds or so and I wanted to test the led lightstrip on the front interior light to see if the lights would still dimm. I probably shortcutted for a brief moment. I can still switch on the interior lights manually, but the lights won't turn if I open any door :-(
What can be the problem and how can I fix this?
Thank you all for your help!!

Menno

Check your fuses. The fuse that controls automatic on/off for the dome lights probably blew, and is separate from the fuse for the interior lights themselves.

Interior light unit

I can't nor can the Toyata guy find an other fuse.
If I open the door, a red warninglight on the dashboard shows that a door is opened, so the mechanic said that from the doorswitch to the dashboard (so passed the fuse) everything is okay.
I received a message from someone that the "Relay integration unit" might be broken because it doesn't like to have extra lights connected to it. I wonder what that will cost and where to find it in my car.
I just opened up the light unit and found a black rectangular box in it and wanted to know if someone knows if this could be this Relay integration unit!

I will try to attach a picture of it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I'm new here and from The netherlands, so I hope I can make clear what my problem is.
I own a Toyota Corolla Verso Linea Sol 2008.
Yesterday I wanted to place a red led lightstrip on the door, to warn people that the door is open, and wanted to connect it to the interior light and the door switch. The interior lights normally will dimm after 15 seconds or so and I wanted to test the led lightstrip on the front interior light to see if the lights would still dimm. I probably shortcutted for a brief moment. I can still switch on the interior lights manually, but the lights won't turn if I open any door :-(
What can be the problem and how can I fix this?
Thank you all for your help!!

Menno

I'm having the same issue with my 08 Verso, auto mechanic reckons there's a fault in the actual fusebox behind the glove box. Will keep you posted.