2008 Corolla - iPod Connection Options

Hey guys, not sure if this has already been talked about and if it has, I apologize in advance. I did try to search for it and nothing came up. I have a 2008 Toyota Corolla S with the 6 cd changer in dash, I was looking for a way to use my ipod/iphone to play music through the deck. The transmitters they sell to use FM frequency is garbage. I did find a place that makes a kit to plug into the back of the deck and then either run AUX cables to a head pone jack or (if I remember correctly) one that hooks up like a regular ipod and charges the device, but you have to have the CDs out I believe.

So my question is, do you guys know what the best options are out there for this, outside of buying an aftermarket deck, or what you guys are using?

Thanks for your time.

If your radio is satellite ready. . .

You can use the satellite radio plug in on the back of the radio, maybe it is a USB port. I did this with the JBL 6 CD system in my 08 RAV. I should say the dealer did this, my wife wouldn't let me do it. There are youtube videos that show this for a RAV.
Run the cord to the glove bopx, if you haave the upper map box, I suggest that.

Yea, there should be a plug on the back of the unit where you can plug in a cord that will allow you to play an ipod or mp3.