2008 S - Tire Recommendations

Hello
We have a 2008 Corolla S that my wife drives 40 miles each way to work on the highway . We live along the NY-PA border so we get a variety of weather . It is time to replace the tires and i am looking for a good all season tire with good winter traction , low noise and good milage . The Bridgestone Insignia SE 200-02 that came on the car from the factory have been good in the winter but the wear has not been great and have had problems with broken / shiften belts . I am open to suggestions . Tire size is 195/65-15 .
Thanks
Jeff Page

Honestly I have Michelin Harmony on my 04 stock rims...I put rims on in the summer. But these tires provide a great ride, good tread rating, with a decent life expectancy.

I have had my experience with a lot of tires, all in all I think this is a great tire bang for the buck...

yokohama avid touring S i like them a lot not sure how much they cost since went to do an oil change(small express oil lube shop) and can back with sooo many nail in our old tires(all 4) we told the manager and even got the local news involve(manager didnt do anything) then they install 4 brand new yokohama avid touring S (only size they had in stock) and i am really liking these tires

On my 2006

I live in southern New Jersey. On my 2006 Corolla the original factory supplied tires were pretty much crap and the car would slide around even on a dry road. I could smoke the fronts without any effort and on wet roads the car was like driving on oil. It was sort of fun for me but the little woman hated and was terrified by it. <g>

So at about 10K miles I called Tire Rack and bought their highest wet traction rated tire in my size - which was a Continental. It was about $450. for the four. With the new Continentals the car handled like a go-cart and it was pretty much impossible to break the tires loose except if really hammering it on snow or ice. Although the Continentals are noticeably louder and rougher riding on dry pavement - after they way they completely transformed the car's handling they could sing opera to me all day and I wouldn't mind. And the Continentals are a really high performance tire so I would expect comfort to trail performance anyway.

I am pushing 60K on the 2006 now and although the Continentals still look nice I am debating what to eventually replace them with.

On my 1993 Corolla I just installed four Michelin Harmony's - to replace the nice looking Goodyears which were on there - because I was trying to solve a vibration issue. Although I've had no ice or snow to experiment with yet the new Michelins are excellent in both dry and wet. I was out trying to slide around clover-leaf intersections during the last heavy rainstorm. I had to get over 50 mph on the cloverleaf ramps to get the Michelins to even Start to break loose and when they do it is in a very comfortable slide/drift which is easy and fun to throttle-steer the car through.

The new Michelins are also quieter than either the Goodyears or the Continentals and certainly ride better than the Goodyears.

I had the tire shop add four ounces of Equal balancing powder to each tire but I'm sorry I didn't wait to add Dynabeads balancing sand which is what I have always used before. I am thinking of now adding a couple of ounces of Dynabeads to each tire in addition to the Equal but I haven't done that yet.

PHM
-------

I went taller not wider -

On my 1993 I went from 185/70 series Goodyear tires to taller 185/75 series Michelin Harmony tires.

It added about 1 mpg to my gas mileage average.