2008 - Squeaking Turning Steering Wheel

Hi guys, how is everyone?

My corolla 08 squeaks every time i turn the steering wheel. do u know what the problem might be? thank you for ur replies.

Is it cold where you live? Did it just start when the cold came in? I bet you it's probably the power steering pump. Needs replacement. Is the wheel hard to turn? Had the same thing on another car of mine.

Is it cold where you live? Did it just start when the cold came in? I bet you it's probably the power steering pump. Needs replacement. Is the wheel hard to turn? Had the same thing on another car of mine.
yes!! its cold where i live and i a remember this whole thing started with the cold weather. the wheel is NOT hard to turn.

Last edited:
yes!! its cold where i live and i a remember this whole thing started with the cold weather. the wheel is NOT hard to turn.
I bet it's the steering pump. They're not expensive if you wanna buy a used one off ebay. Just make sure it doesn't have too many miles on it.

I bet it's the steering pump. They're not expensive if you wanna buy a used one off ebay. Just make sure it doesn't have too many miles on it.
i change my oil myself,i can change transmission fluid my self etc....with my DIY level can i change this pump myself? also can u let me know of any videos of how to do this?? thank you

i change my oil myself,i can change transmission fluid my self etc....with my DIY level can i change this pump myself? also can u let me know of any videos of how to do this?? thank you
That engine is so small that you can dance around it :p

This is the best video I found. I haven't done it on a corolla yet, so I can't tell you exactly how to do it. I'm sure you're a bright man and will get it done. :thumbsup: If you're skeptical and don't wanna mess with it, just call some shops and see how much they'll charge to put your part on.

I had to replace the starter and ended up paying a guy 80 bucks to put my new starter on. I have a big engine on my honda so I let someone else get in there.

That engine is so small that you can dance around it :p

This is the best video I found. I haven't done it on a corolla yet, so I can't tell you exactly how to do it. I'm sure you're a bright man and will get it done. :thumbsup: If you're skeptical and don't wanna mess with it, just call some shops and see how much they'll charge to put your part on.

I had to replace the starter and ended up paying a guy 80 bucks to put my new starter on. I have a big engine on my honda so I let someone else get in there.

where is the video?