For the past six months have had new plugs and coil packs replaced (6 new coil packs took two back because lifetime warranty is why 6 times). The car when driving around 2500 rpm will all of sudden have CEL light start blinking and st that point will barely speed up to 40mph. I can turn the car off and turn the key to on position if the CEL is not blinking I can start car and it will run fine again for a little while. As long as I can keep the RPM above 3000 it will run fine. But when in town stopping and starting this is tricky keeping rpm's up. The CEL may cause me to stop and start it a few times till I get to where I am going.

I took to dealer to let then diagnose the problem and they said it showed a code for #4 misfire. They swapped the #4 and #1 coilpack to do a test to see if it dropped out if the code then went to cylinder 1. Within 2 miles of the dealer again CEL came on and loss of power. Turned car off and when started it back up it ran fine (again rpm 3000). Some times if the CEL will not clear when starting in manor above I will change the coil pack out with one previously used. Crazy thing I keep two in car at all times.

I have changed out the coil packs again in the interim. How can 6 coil packs be bad. My car has had this happen now while driving about 400 times and is getting old. Let me know if any of you have had the same issue.

Without knowing specifics but my experience tells me you have a short somewhere more than likely in your coil circuit. Pull up the schematic and follow that circuit. Had a case where I would lose spark completely and injector pulse and it turned out to b a transmission solenoid went bad and was grounding the circuit. Point is your car goes into protective mode and a grounded circuit seems likely.