2009 corolla headlights

My headlightlights are typically only
activated by light the sensor on the dash board when the car is running. I don't knowingly use the manual arm setting except for highbeams. However there have been a couple of occasions that I'm have returned to my car to find the lights on and the control arm in the on position. Could the lights be activated remotely by someone else' s remote signal while the car is off.

returned to my car to find the lights on and the control arm in the on position. Could the lights be activated remotely by someone else' s remote signal while the car is off.
Even if someone elses key fob were to activate your car
that wouldn't turn on the light stalks manual rotational "on" knob.

If the light stalk is turned to the manual "on" position
it will override the "auto light" function.

Does your "lights left on" warning bell make tone when you manually
turn on the lights at the stalk and then remove the key ?

check that...
'cause it's my guess the warning sound is not emitting an audible.
and the head lights are being left in the manual "on" position.

The light stalk never needs be turned on manually
when using the auto light function.
Unless the auto lights sensor is not sensitive enough
and doesn't turn on the auto lights function in the earlier hours or dusk hours.

With the "auto light" function on...
the operator can only control the high beams and fog control ring if ya have the later.

Be sure the light stalk is rotated to "off" when ever leaving your car...
Do the headlights ever come on when the control stalk is for sure turned off ?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I do hit the arm myself to turn it on by mistake. so you are not the only one the problem is its to smooth if asked should be a push in rotate then rotate. No more rubbing and accidently on Lol
FISH

I have accidentally hit the stock as well. The car yells at me when I turn it off so I know it is on. If your car is not yelling at you then I would get the chime checked.