2009 Corolla S Cold Start Rattle

hey guys ,im having issues with my 2zrfe ,,it rattles at a cold start,,im pretty aware of what the problem and solution is ,,but im, just wondering if anybody else has had the same issue and what it took to resolve the problem ,,before I start buying parts ,is it the camshaft oil control valve?? ,,,or just the timing chain tensioner,,,>???any tips would be appreciated

It might be the timing chain. Mine went (2009 S) so I emailed Corolla and told them thats a faulty part because the internet is flooded with the complaints. They offered to cover 1/2 the cost.

But this is me, get yours checked out.

hey guys ,im having issues with my 2zrfe ,,it rattles at a cold start,,im pretty aware of what the problem and solution is ,,but im, just wondering if anybody else has had the same issue and what it took to resolve the problem ,,before I start buying parts ,is it the camshaft oil control valve?? ,,,or just the timing chain tensioner,,,>???any tips would be appreciated
Don't buy any parts.

Diagnose.

Find the problem.

Then buy parts to correct the problem.

There is no, "If noise X exists, this means part X is the cause of the problem".

Your description of the noise is extremely vague.

How many miles are on the car? Has the oil level on the dipstick been checked? When did this noise begin? Was their anything else that happened at the same time as the noise began? Does the noise ever go away and if so, when? Does this noise only occur when starting the engine? Is it all the time, or only some of the time? After the engine starts and runs for a few seconds, does the noise go away, or not? Is the noise apparent when the engine is cold, the first start of the day, or not? Does the noise go away after the engine has been warmed up?

Information, information.