[2009 LE] Trunk latch isn't working

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys had any trouble with your back trunk latch.
When I bought it, the trunk used to release when I pressed the button right above the license plate.
Mine recently broke & I was wondering if it's happened to anybody else and how they resolved it.

I don't want to take it to a repair guy before getting some input. Don't want to spend hundreds of
dollars over this unless I know it's necessary.

Thanks Guys

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if any of you guys had any trouble with your back trunk latch.
When I bought it, the trunk used to release when I pressed the button right above the license plate.
Mine recently broke & I was wondering if it's happened to anybody else and how they resolved it.

I don't want to take it to a repair guy before getting some input. Don't want to spend hundreds of
dollars over this unless I know it's necessary.

Thanks Guys
My '10 doesn't seem to have this button you are referencing ?
My trunk only releases using the interior release lever...
inserting a key at the rear...
or using the key fob button.

I'm guessing the issue you have is not with the latch mechanism...
but that the release button does not function as it did ?

Does the trunk latch release using other methods ?

If it is simply the button control that has failed...
then it is likely an electrical issue and not mechanical.

Might you have pictures ?

Can you be more specific in your description of what the issue is ?

Might you have pictures ?

Can you be more specific in your description?
This is the photo of my trunk release button which is above my license plate.

It uses the proximity key to open, usually you held it for a second or two & it popped open. But one day it just stopped. It has nothing to do with the key because I just changed the battery recently.

Just wondering if this is a common problem with people and if the wiring is usually the culprit or if I need to replace the button mechanism.

Attachments

This is the photo of my trunk release button which is above my license plate.

It uses the proximity key to open, usually you held it for a second or two & it popped open. But one day it just stopped. It has nothing to do with the key because I just changed the battery recently.

Just wondering if this is a common problem with people and if the wiring is usually the culprit or if I need to replace the button mechanism.
I'm not familiar with that switch...
but looking at this ebay listing shows a pressure sensitive switch.
It's possible the switch itself is faulty... or maybe the wiring has come loose ?
You'll likely need disassemble that to inspect it further.

Now I don't know... as I've not yet needed change the batteries on my key fob...
But maybe when the battery is changed the fob needs re-binding/formatting with the system ?

Guess I should step aside... and let someone more knowledgeable respond.

I have the same one. We have keyless entry that is why we have it. What I would do is remove the trunk liner and check to make sure the plug is connected. if it just "broke" than there is likely an electrical disconnect somewhere. if it is not as simple as the plug being loose then next thing I would do is get a new pad and install it. either a new one or one off a car at a wrecker. you can get a diagnostic done but that would probably cost a bit much. By the way is that camera stock? if not where did you get it? I am interested in a backup camera but want a simple install without mayor modification.