2010 Corolla Front Brakes & Struts

I own a 2010 Corolla. I love the car as it is extremely reliable and dependable.
I have been having an issue however with my brakes.
8 months ago I purchased new pads/rotors, drums/shoes for my car.
The front rotors have been replaced twice due to warping.
The place I took it to replaced the rotors (under warranty) and told me this would be the last time because I need new struts. They said the rotors had a "lip" on the inside.
I realize struts wear over time and my car has 85k miles.
The struts on the car are not worn, I know this. The symptoms of strut wear is not present.
I feel he is trying to bilk me out of money.
Any thoughts?

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Unless the MacPherson struts are totally shot and the car is bouncing all over the place, that will not affect the brake pads or brake rotors. You are being fed a line of bologna! It is very common for cheap, made in China brake rotors to warp and many independent garages use discount auto part stores that sell these made in China brake rotors as their parts source.

Also, these cheap quality brake rotors can easily be warped by the lug nuts being over-torqued with an air gun by an unknowing automotive technician, which immediately warps the brake rotors. Lug nuts should always be tightened down a torque wrench, not an air gun.

If the brake rotors warp again, take them back and demand satisfaction. Is this an independent auto center, or a company owned store?

I agree with your conclusion that you are dealing with a dishonest auto center. I suggest you move on and find an honest auto center.