2010 Corolla horn - modification

Discussion in '2009 - 2013 Toyota Corolla' started by Peter Tarantelli, Dec 6, 2017 at 12:10 PM.

1. Peter Tarantelli

Peter Tarantelli New Member

I have a 2010 Corolla S - I also have a 2001 Tacoma SR5. I like the Tacoma's horn much more than the Corolla's. Has anyone here replaced or somehow modified their Corolla horn to make it louder with a deeper tone?

2. Corolla Forum Sign Up!

Join CorollaForum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Toyota Corolla fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Toyota Corolla and Matrix Fans to meet online.
    Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your Toyota, and have a great time with other Corolla fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Toyota you'll find that Corolla Forum is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join CorollaForum.com Today! JOIN FOR FREE

3. stvotw

stvotw New Member

horn circuit is 10 amp. If you swap with any horn with less than a 10 amp draw it will be basically plug and play. It might need a different style connector. If you get a horn with a bigger draw you will need a relay and a heavier power wire.

4. OP
    Peter Tarantelli

Good info! Agree on the plug n lay comment. I think there are actually TWO horns on the Tacoma (a low note and a high note). I can't imagine I'm the first to ever consider doing this.

5. stvotw

stvotw New Member

[​IMG] I added dual horns to my Corolla. I hated the dinky 'meep" of the stock horn. I did mine when I changed headlights but it can be done without taking the bumper cover off. Look where the stock horn is mounted, about the same distance from center toward the passenger side is an unused mounting hole. It works great for the 2nd horn and uses the same size bolt as well.

6. OP
    Peter Tarantelli

Exactly! Did you use the same horn as the original? I assume you simply ran a wire from the stock horn to the second?

7. stvotw

stvotw New Member

I changed over to a pair of Wolo horns. I used the stock horn wire to trigger a relay as the manufacturer stated a 15 amp circuit was needed. If you have less than a 10 amp draw with an additional horn you could just run a jumper wire from the first horn.