2010 Corolla - New to Toyota

Just bought a 2010 Corolla. Mileage is high for the year at 130,000 but the price was right. Very good condition, one owner, and all service records.

Any advice as to what to check or fluids to change. (ATF? Coolant?)

I'm thinking of changing the ATF with WS fluid. Is there a procedure? Can I remove one of the cooling lines, assuming it has them, and pmp the old oil out while adding new. I have used this method several times.

I know some will respond that it takes special tools but if you replace what you pumped out, wouldn't the level be correct, especially if you double check the level on the dipstick and watch it.

I'm a little nervous about the miles but people tell me not to be concerned.

Thanks,

BD
Wisconsin

If you want to replace your transmission fluid, check the level on the dipstick. If it is correct then measure what you take out and put that amount back in and the level will be correct. Check for metal flakes in the oil or burned oil. If it is burned or has metal flakes in it, your transmission is toast and you will probably just make it break faster by replacing the fluid. If it does not have metal flakes or signs of burning then replacing the fluid is a good idea.

Coolant and engine oil would be good to replace. Power Steering fluid is often overlooked and replacing that fluid can significantly increase the life of those parts. Make sure you get the proper fluid as many vehicles do not use conventional "Power Steering Fluid".

Independent AMSOIL Dealer, Contact me to get the world's best oil for prices lower than brands like Mobil1 and Royal Purple!

GoldMedalSyntheticOils.com