2010 Corolla S - How I Mount My GPS

fishycomics

Super Moderator
As my seat sits to the furthest spot, retracted back a few clicks. I cannot reach the windshield either way, due to the distance of the corolla unique design. This gives a lot of depth, and some may like or hate it? I have placed my GPS in older cars with a more comfortable fit, and in location, but in the corolla, it becomes annoying at times. So I tried those CD slot holders, they do not work well? I tried letting the GPS rest by the shift, not a great place at all. For a number of reasons, eyes off the road. In most States it is illegal to have anything on the windshield, as well the rear view mirror. I thought I try other places, the glove box opened, upper and lower, tillthis idea came about..

I found a solution that works best for me. it is a simple piece of metal, aluminum, that can be shaped by hand, cut to size, I chose to leave mine at a certain length, and it slides right between the upper and lower glove box. Fitting into the lower boxes where the handle lies and does not interfere at all, as the lock Is to the side.

All you need is industrial Velcro, make sure the soft piece goes on the metal and over laps, and the rough loop side on the gps. and done. My next step will be modifying a outlet hidden up front, so the center console plug is free. If for any reason you need to remove the bar, it is as simple as pulling it out with no force. Here are a few pictures. of how the gps looks.

Thisworked for me, it may just work for you!

fishycomics

Super Moderator
For many years I never used a map, I just knew where I was going Gods honest truth. it is sitting in the center lower console next to outlet.

The piece I made works wonders does not bother a thing