2010 Corolla - thumping noise when turning to right

Hi All!
I have a 2010 Corolla S with 100,000+ miles. Recently, it has started making a thumping/clunking noise when I am turning to the right on the driver's side. It only happens when I am turning, the car doesn't make the noise when I am driving straight at all. I make a turn and it goes thump-thump-thump from the left front tire area until the turn is complete.
I have taken the car in multiple times to have this looked at and no one can find the issue. I also have had no luck with finding the noise online or any post about it.
Has anyone else had this issue with their Corolla?

Most likely need to replace the CV axle on that side.. classic symptoms, but it would be crazy to me if a mechanic couldn't find that out immediately, its an extremely common issue with any older or higher mileage or cars that have been driven hard..

Does it make the sound why sitting still and turning the wheel? Might be rubbing something or as others have said, check CV joint.

Hi All!
I have a 2010 Corolla S with 100,000+ miles. Recently, it has started making a thumping/clunking noise when I am turning to the right on the driver's side. It only happens when I am turning, the car doesn't make the noise when I am driving straight at all. I make a turn and it goes thump-thump-thump from the left front tire area until the turn is complete.
I have taken the car in multiple times to have this looked at and no one can find the issue. I also have had no luck with finding the noise online or any post about it.
Has anyone else had this issue with their Corolla?
Hello my lady,

Like the guys said on this post, who's working on your car... Now to business, they can be correct on assuming the cv axle needs to be check. Now remember, on any front end of any car there has to be some geometry to align everything without compromising the performance. I would suggest to check the strut mount on that side also. If the rubber is broken the thump noise is the strut hitting the metal base because it moves when you turn to that side. The tire friction on the ground, while turning, forces the car to lean to the opposite side. If you turn right, that side strut will extend while the left strut contracts. Because is extending but not tight to its base it will hit everything around.

Hi, don't know if it will help, but on my 2013 corolla, a strange popping/noise developed I could hear at low speeds and when turning the wheel. Oh shit, thought it was the axle or CV joint or something bad. Turned out the front of the wheel wells have this plastic liner that cheap plastic clips hold it in place. If you hit a pothole or something that makes one or more clips come out or break; then you have this plastic liner that flexs/makes noises, especially when you turn. The repair shop found this for me and didn't rip me off with expensive repairs thankfully; they had some of those clips and replaced them and the noise stopped. I keep an eye on it now and the clips come loose sometimes, the noise starts again, and I pop them back in and keep the plastic liner in place.