2010 trunk light

fishycomics

Super Moderator
a trunk lite is just that on the cars. Knowing it will go off when the trunk is closed, and on when opened?

Knowing a lot replaced the old fashion bulbs with an led I may go a step further and modify the module, and drill a strip. I like to have LIGHT not light. If and when I am out in the dark and I need to be able to see I will? So I am in search for something not to expensive but will do the trick I seen at the Adv auto a LED but I rather do Ebay less money then a rip off store Lol.

I like to hear suggestions, and I will look into it

thanks Fish

[

fishycomics

Super Moderator
My trunk lights up just fine for me...
and so doubt I'd bother.

If you want to do strip LED lights...
youtube shows an example.

Just be sure the LED strips are 12v.
thank you I find this and ordered. price was good 8.00, I will see if it does the trick. the video is easy to do slip wires in, but protect from touching Lol. and this I got should be more a plug-n-play. thanks again appreciate the advice and research you did?

FISH

fishycomics

Super Moderator
product came in. snapped in half, 9 leds 3 on each side work the center 3 does not. I got the extra strip all wired up and 5 to 7 of the 9 are lit. All I have to do is splice in the leads, and my trunk will be well lit Super bright and lit up. here isa video review;

If I think about the other led strip I can place on the trunk when up as a work light Lol

So is the proprietor sending you a new LED strip ?

Actually I'm more curious about your fore arm bands.
Why do you wear those ?

Medicinal ?
or are they for an actual physical issue ?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
the ebay seller understood my questions and keeps questioning . they broke not sure if he is going to stand behind the product?

the bands I wear are for my Tendens they apply pressure to the elbow guess the work I do with hands and all. getting older is not fun Lol. thank you for your concern and curiousity.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
I added an extension wire, soldered to the other, and taped the connections, tucked the wiring 14 leds are lit. will look tonight to see how brightly lit this is now. I know a lil glue will be needed to secure better the cheap ebay product. the Seller did not reply back so I take this as a loss Lol. or PP and demand something not all.

I personally would have returned that rather then modify it to work.
Once you alter something... few vendors will refund your purchase.

No worries tho'
it's not like you lost too much coin with that purchase.

Gonna try a different ebay vendor ?

I've had purdy good luck with my chinese mfgr'd ebay products
and usually have little complaint regarding.

'cept maybe waiting for that slow boat from china !? Lol

Guess ebay is my cheap chinese "go to" source.
And can often be a "hit or miss" deal most every purchase.

------------------------

Thanks for sharing the info regarding your elbow pressure/tendon bands.

I have Carpul Tunnel in both hands and surgery to both hands did not improve the issue.
Likely due to working hard with my hands doing construction most my life.
I also have Multiple Sclerosis as well and so that's not helping matters neither.

I must have a tendon disease as well... would seem
As I snapped the upper tendon on my right hand thumb for no apparent reason,
and cannot physically lift my thumb for hitchhiking. (no free rides for me) Lol

The doctor's were unable to reattach my thumb's tendon...
and asked me if I could just live with it.
Guess they assumed at my age/health issues, it'll be the least of my future worries.

I was just curious as to whether your bands might be useful for my conditions.
But I'll suppose they'll not help me with my circumstances.

Don't fret it... yer not the only person doomed with getting old and living with physical disabilities. Lol.

Keep on keeping

fishycomics

Super Moderator
they are over the counter bands. and at the surgical supply store wit ha referral they are the same bands... I hear ya. on the conditions....

for the trunk light leds they are passed off as a strip, I feel the yare a kit you can snap what you need, Lol. to send back cost to much, so it is a win lose thing. Happy with the leds will have to see tonight what it now looks like. If I am motivated I will look for a cover Lol and place over it especially the wiring. do not want shorts.

again am very pleased and happy. a five minute job no sweart

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Ebay says give a 5 star rating, return and we will replace. then they said we will send a new one and return the old one. they are working with me Lol

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Wired the other half in, placed back the strips and this is a quick nightshot. with the IPhone rather the Sony to give a different look. Works for me if asked in person its DAYLIGHT How a trunk light all should look. Safer at night, Makes me want to place a strip on the top side of the trunk if ever on the side of a road at night I am VISABLE

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Today my tire went low so I waited for a safer area to stop, and I popped my trunk and al lI could say was THANK YOU big smile on my face seeing a well lit trunk, still had to dig through to the tire guage Lol I left it open so others could see me. that is high brightly lit it is?

thought I had that slow leak knicked in the butt and guess I did not. maybe time to order two new tires for the winter season, and place to the front

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Weather will be getting colder. light is getting shorter, and happy I did the mod. love how when I pop open and Daylight screams? Wished I did this tp my leased car? Not enough time, as I am pressured. Just thought I give an update working like Day one