2011 S - Stock Radio Problems

Hello, I am having a problem that my local Toyota dealer has not been able to help me w/.
I have a 2011 Corolla S with about 15,000 miles on it, and recently the radio has been shutting off. It usually shuts off within a mile or 2 of starting and stays off for 2 or 3 minutes then comes back on. The dealership that I purchased the car from says they have never heard of anything like this. The only thing they tell me is the next time it goes out bring it in; problem is it quits 1-4 times a day but only last a couple of minutes. I think they are tired of me and are just trying to get me out of their hair! But, I would like to figure out the problem before the warranty is up and radio goes out for good .
Anyway I don't have xm radio, but I do have my iphone hooked up through the Bluetooth. The radio is stock and I have never cut any wires. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you

Okay, here's the thing: This business of dealers telling us they've "never heard of anything like this" has to stop, and stop now. I quit having my oil changed at my dealer (their prices were about the same as anyone else's) because of all the greasy fingerprints all over my door -- and of course, the steering wheel, seat, and gearshift lever. When I told my salesman about it, he said he'd "never heard of that before".

"We've never heard of that before" is dealer-speak for "We don't give a ****."

You have a 2011 Corolla. Your car is well within its 3-year, 36,000-mile warranty. You've been properly rebuffed by that dealer, so your only recourse is to go to another dealer.

You may not know this, but ALL Toyota dealers are REQUIRED to perform warranty work; you needn't take your Toyota to your original (purchase) dealer for warranty repair/replacement.

After you've taken your 'Rolla to another dealer and have had your radio REPLACED (not "repaired"), write a scathing letter to BOTH Toyota USA and Toyota HQ in Toyota City, Japan.

I think we've had just about enough of the Toyota Runaround.

Best,
corollamike

I got a line out converter hoked that up got a loud burrrrp converter fried. got another MTX hooked it up to rear speakers as before worked fine two weeks. With out radio on it started hitting a base note first soft not sure if I was hearing it about 20 min later it was hitting so hard it was going to shake my car apart. only stopped when car off. checking signals and there is fluctuating DC voltage with car on +-6 v to the stock speakers I have tapped off. With the radio loud as much as 30 DC V. On-star 60 DC V spikes.

More radio problems

I have a 2010 Corolla S....75K.....suddenly having problems with the radio. It will go on when the car is cold and dry but once I start driving for 10-15 minutes it starts cutting out and then goes out completely. The dealer said it's not the battery/alternator and tough luck it's a component with the radio. Came on here to see if others had similar issues...sounds similar to the one with a 2011 Corolla S. You would think a reputable company like Toyota would either stock a more reliable radio or at least do something to replace...

corolla s radio

I have two gripes! One is the radio goes off at random times (no modifications), and two I discovered that my "new" 2011 Corolla S, had at some point prior to my purchase been damaged evidenced by glass pellets found in recesses of the trunk. You can imagine that I have not been happy since I paid for a NEW car!

I have two gripes! One is the radio goes off at random times (no modifications), and two I discovered that my "new" 2011 Corolla S, had at some point prior to my purchase been damaged evidenced by glass pellets found in recesses of the trunk. You can imagine that I have not been happy since I paid for a NEW car!
No doubt the dealer wrecked it before putting it out for sale, or while out for sale was hit and damaged. Common practice, I think, for dealers to cover their mistakes. And as such, the damage will not appear on a CarFax report. My advice? Trade it in for a car you'll enjoy. You're probably gonna remain pretty pi**ed at this one, you know what I mean?

I have a similar problem with my 2011 Corolla S. When car starts and the radio is switched on, the radio controls are functional. Within 17-25 seconds the radio control intermittently are unresponsive but they work perfectly through the power steering controls. Has anyone manage to resolve this?