2012-2013 Corolla S

Hi I am considering buying a Toyota Corolla S 2012-2013 and am curious if anyone has had any major issues? I have read that there might be shifting from 1st to 2nd, brakes wearing unevenly, and engine problems. I may consider a 2014 since those seems bit better but i don't like the body style.

Thanks

Mike

I have a 2013 S. No issues at all. I have only changed oil, air filter and done a brake job. Have not even needed to change the battery yet. I drive 5 speed manual and I don't find it sluggish, could it use some more horses and torque, sure, but I have had no problems with it. Drove it from BC Canada to Anaheim California with four people and completely full trunk and easily kept up with traffic. The powertrain on the 2014 was the same as the 2012-2014 with the exception of the CVT in the model grades above the 2014 L. I have had no reason to trade my car. I think the 10th gen S model is good looking and lost a bit of the distinguishing looks when the 2014 came around, just not enough to distinguish the S from the rest. At any rate have a mechanic check the unit out to make sure there are no surprises and I feel you should be good.